Saturday 11 September 2010

Finally, the first report from Lj - by Juli

Hi guys! Long time, heh? Sorry for this lateness with the report, but things were getting hectic slowly, and well, if you don't have your laptop with you, life just stops.

Soooo, the great news: I'm resident in Ljubljana!!!! ;) hurrray! And this means something great started! A marvellous year, definetly.

But get back to home for a moment. Well, you know what? I managed to pack, almost everything! ;) Isn't it great? Still... the last days were tough... saying goodbye to your friends, to your dogs, to your house, to your room, bed, but especially to your family... really energy and motivation consuming period... Then two days went with packing... and I really mean it!!! I was doing just the packing stuff... ok I had quite a lot of space to fill up in the car, cause my parents managed to take me here to Ljubljana by car, so I'm quite lucky, though. :P but still.... packing is my enemy now. :P I'll not pack for a while, surely! ;)

But then I got here, and this is an amaizing place! ;) The flat, the city, the people, my sweet EVS mate, Ingunn ;)... it's just great! ;) I guess, you guys should be jelaous.

Sooo, more about the project stuff. As it is planned, this first month is about acclimatisation, to get used to the surrounding, and to start with the slovene course. It sounds a bit light program, but the slovene learning takes a lot of time from our day, and we still don't know entirely the surrounding and where we can find things, so it's pretty useful for the whole year. Plus, there is one, small project to be done. There is a new office, that should be redesigned... what could be better, than working on an office like this, when you know that you creat it for yourself?! I just love this idea!!!
Today, with Ingunn we just visited the place, and had a deeper look around, and started to brainstorm. Ideas were just coming and coming and coming! I guess that's why I'm not sleeping now, at this time, I got highly motivated now. :P And it feels great!
So we just made up a new subproject, talked about the connections and the things we should do, plus already imagined the place we will spend our working time, :D, I'm even jelaous to myself. ;o)

Let's call it a day for now. There are a lot more to be told, but we have time ;) soo keep an eye on us!

Hugs from Ljubljana

Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment